Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson 50 h trans wiring

jkhanson23 ยท 2018-06-19 20:53

i have a 1982 50 h back hoe that the rats have eaten the wiring to the valve on top of trans it has 3 spade terminals on the right and left i ordered a manual but i need to no how it works so i can get it home to make permanent repairs

Replies11
  1. #1joe--h2018-06-20 10:44

    I have the manual, I can scan what you need and email it if you send your address. Joe H

  2. #2jkhanson232018-06-20 20:09

    thanks that would be great [email protected]

  3. #3joe--h2018-06-20 22:40

    As soon as my wife scans it I'll send it. The solenoid has 3 connectors, 2 from the switch on the column are +, the 3rd is ground. Ground goes through the buttons on the shifter and the bucket levers. If you have the key on and the switch in forward or reverse you should have power to one of the terminals on the solenoid. If no power it's upstream from the solenoid. If there is power then you have a ground problem with one of the switches, or the solenoid is dead. I'm scanner challenged but I'll get it to you. Joe H

  4. #4jkhanson232018-06-22 00:09

    thanks for your help the wiring diagrams did the trick i got my backhoe home.

  5. #5stefbat2020-12-12 17:38

    hi I have ** 50h from 1987 do you have workshop manual for it ? wiring diagram ? exploded views? sparepart catalog? I only have operator manual but the machine is in poor condition, some parts falling apart, rust ate the cabin, many things missing, no declutch switches , emergency switch missing, dont know what to start from

  6. #6joe--h2020-12-13 15:33

    This is it. Those ebay books are what I bought from the dealer, they ain't cheap! Joe H

  7. #7stefbat2020-12-14 02:25

    thank you , service/repair manual at 115usd on ebay , do you have it?

  8. #8Tinkerer2020-12-14 11:04

    I don't have it. But if someone does and has a Google account it can be easily sent using Google Drive. A Google account is created if anyone signs up for a Gmail account.

  9. #9joe--h2020-12-14 12:14

    I don't have a PDF, it's on paper. Joe H

  10. #1056Chevy2023-10-29 04:32

    I need to rewire my mf50E powershuttle solenoid block, can anyone help me out

  11. #11joe--h2023-10-29 13:18

    There's some info in the PDF above of the electrical, or here's the transmission from my manual. Good luck Joe H