Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson 60HX excavator wiring diagrams.

Ivan Bratanob · 2025-10-17 12:24

Hello and good day to you! I have a Massey Ferguson 60HX excavator year 1993. It has some problem with the left joystick - one of the hydraulic cylinders remains extended and cannot be retracted. Extension function is present but the retraction is not. I’d like to ask you to provide me the wiring diagrams of the machine (or at least those related to the hydraulic system control (both joysticks and the hydraulic valves control) in order to know what to expect when measure with a multimeter. Thank you!

Replies10
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-10-20 00:06

    This may help. Jensales has some manuals too but I don't know how good they are. The bottom link has a part number you might be able to order from an Agco dealer. Looks like the link won't work but you could try a google search. AGCO Technical Publications: Massey Ferguson Tractors Industrial 50H / 50HX / 60H Tractor, Tractor Loader, Tractor Loader Backhoe (Including Series S / T). Includes loader and backhoe information. Does not include binder. https://www.servicemanualbit.com/do...**-50h-50hx-60hx-turbo-loader-service-manual/

  2. #2Ivan Bratanob2025-10-20 04:32

    Thanks a lot but is this all paid?! I already noticed those links. Why does everything here turn around of soemthing that has to be purchased? Why are all those forums available when all you need is 100 bucks away? This is a 30 year old machine and still the manufacturer puts the noose around your neck - pay, pay, pay….?! Thank you anyway, I’ll find another way…

  3. #3Simon C2025-10-20 14:21

    I have never even seen one of these excavators before. Anything I could get in terms of technical info if accurate would be worth paying for in my mind. I paid for some technical info in the past that has paid for itself many times over, and has also helped make me a lot of money. Maybe you can get it free. All the best in your endeavor. Simon C

  4. #4Ivan Bratanob2025-10-20 16:42

    There comes the huge difference. You’ve once paid for a manual that was useful many times in your practice of serial repair of machines supported by this manual. My case is the opposite one - its an accidental repair that will perhaps never occur again. My job is not connected with heavy equipment machinery repair. So investing money in something I’ll perhaps never use again is pointless for me here. Furthermore separate selling of wiring diagrams is a little bit cheeky on the part of the manufacturer. In my area (industrial automation) all the manuals could be downloaded freely from the manufacturer’s site. A PLC-controlled machine for example is sold with a complete set of technical manuals needed for the repair when needed.

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-10-20 17:25

    If you can't afford a manual and expect everything for free you shouldn't own equipment. You should be glad any kind of manual is actually available. Massey Ferguson has not made backhoes for a long time and they weren't very popular in the US where most of the forum members are based. To think someone will just have a section of the manual you require for a non popular machine is wishful thinking. The backhoe may have came with all the manuals when it was new. As long as the machine is still running it will need ongoing repairs and it is most beneficial to have a manual. A machine can be down because a $5 part but if you can't figure out what that part is without a manual it might as well be a $20,000 part and either way the machine is useless just sitting there.

  6. #6Ivan Bratanob2025-10-21 01:30

    I’m not the owner. I’m lets say a relative of the owner who is trying to fix a little trouble. I dont know whether this forum is US or UK based. I’ve just found a forum and asked for help (just like in any other one I’ve participated). Seems like it would have been better if I had asked manufacturer itself instead. Thank you for the answers…

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-10-21 04:24

    It's not a popular backhoe so about the best advice you could get is that a manual is available.

  8. #8excavator2025-10-21 12:10

    Sometime in the early '90s Kobelco marketed a tractor-loader-backhoe in the US that was built by Fermec who had taken over the Massey Fergusen production. I have no clue what models were the same but you might look for information on Fermec or Kobelco machines. Kobelco only carried these units for a few years and it then went back to Fermec. Unfortunately, in the US these did not seem to catch on and I don't believe alot were sold so information is scarce.

  9. #9Ivan Bratanob2025-10-21 12:18

    I already contacted the local M F dealer for help. They promised to assist me in my case. I’ll undertake my own measurement investigation in a case of dealer’s attempt failure.

  10. #10Welder Dave2025-10-21 16:16

    The 60HX was strictly a Massey model.