Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson iisues

bobsjoytoy69 ยท 2015-04-16 10:27

HI! I have a massey ferguson tractor unsure of the year. The shaft that operates the hydraulic pump stopped working. It goes from outside of motor to the crank. I got the hydraulic pump off but cannot remove the spline to go get a new one. i do not see any other bolts that i have missed.. Hoping someone can help me figure out how to get it out. Thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Fatjay2015-04-16 12:57

    Sounds like a job for a rubber mallet and/or pulley puller. Is the shaft coming out of the motor rotating? Is it a clutched PTO?

  2. #2Ronsii2015-04-16 13:59

    Usually those shafts bolt up to the face of the motor crank pulley... I can't tell from the pics but it looks like yours is going through a crossmember or something... does the shaft have a u-joint in it or is it straight? you may have to take more stuff off to get better access to it.

  3. #3d4c24a2015-04-16 15:13

    Splines have gone in it , it is screwed in the other end , left hand thread

  4. #4Ronsii2015-04-16 15:27

    Thanks for the info d4c24a I have not seen one like that, but now that I check around it seems like a lot of the ** industrial designs use pump drives with the LH threads of various sizes on them.. makes it easy to fit another part Hopefully I remember this the next time someone brings in a massey

  5. #5bobsjoytoy692015-04-16 23:01

    Response no PTO...it does but once pressure is applied it stops.

  6. #6bobsjoytoy692015-04-16 23:03

    It is going through the crossmember, it is straight that I can see

  7. #7bobsjoytoy692015-04-17 21:19

    Torn down still have no idea HI! I tore it all down, still no luck getting it out.. Here are more pictures

  8. #8Delmer2015-04-17 21:51

    I'm not familiar with that model, most ** industrial have a splined shaft on the pump instead of the keyed shaft that your's has. Is the key OK in the pump shaft? Not much to get a hold of on that shaft, but if you can turn it the direction that the engine turns it should unscrew. Or you could take the whole casting off of the front of the engine. It would be a shame to get this far and not do the front seal.

  9. #9d4c24a2015-04-18 15:55

    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Massey-Fergu...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f54c6c3b&_uhb=1

  10. #10bobsjoytoy692015-04-20 20:04

    I have no idea where the key is on the pump shaft.. I can get the shaft to move back and forth just have no idea how to remove it.. It is really a pain

  11. #11Ronsii2015-04-21 01:57

    So... looking at your pictures I see the keyway appears to be intact in the shaft... so no real need to remove the shaft??? just need a new woodruff key in the pump shaft... unless the pump is not working internally? or the pump had a long shaft and it is broke off further in the drive shaft?

  12. #12Delmer2015-04-21 07:56

    The drive shaft almost certainly unscrews from the hub that bolts to the crankshaft pulley. Trust the English on this one. But like Ronsii said, what's broken? you might not have to remove that driveshaft to fix it.

  13. #13d4c24a2015-04-21 15:04

    bolt the ring back on the bottom pulley ,the shaft should unscrew out of this anticlockwise , you may have to stop the engine turning , and make something to fit in the front of the shaft

  14. #14bobsjoytoy692015-04-21 16:04

    Where the harmonic balancer is there a rubber groment? What does the shaft screw into? Because I believe that is what is broke? I do not think that the shaft itself is broken, it spins but I am not able to remove it.