Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson Track Loader

BRatt ยท 2025-02-20 13:01

Hello Folks, I just bought a property that has this ** Track Loader abandoned on it. I would like to breath new life into this little jewel, but need to identify it first. The serial number is 2830 but the model number is not legible. It is my understanding that the loader has not been sitting idle too long. The hydraulic hoses and rams are in "not so bad" shape. I'm hoping someone out there can steer me in the right direction. Either way, I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Replies7
  1. #1MarcusZ19672025-02-20 13:34

    Welcome to HEF!! First off, that Drott tag is just for the loader part. I.E. bucket, arms and cylinders. There might be a tag around the dash area? Not sure.

  2. #2Tones2025-02-20 17:46

    ** 200 by the looks

  3. #3MarcusZ19672025-02-20 20:00

    Good catch. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 200 tractor information www.tractordata.com

  4. #4JimInOz2025-02-20 20:36

    Either a MF200 or a 2244, fitted with canopy,4in 1 & Ripper. Handy little Loader with a good lift height . Engine is Perkins 3- 152.Later units had an oil shuttle. Tracks are 140mm pitch.I thiink Fiat 411 crawler is same track.Berco made undercarriage ,as did ITM. I think there's an ID plate around the bell housing area.. steeringclutch.com sells new steer parts.You need to remove finals to get to steering clutches.

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-02-21 01:51

    It does appear to be an MF200. MF2244 had spoked sprockets but have also seen solid sprockets. You could tell with a front view of the grill. MF200 has a 2 part grill. Top part is inline with the hood and then like a stripe between 2 bars then the bottom part. There is a chance it could be a B or C model. Straight MF200 could have a hydraulic shuttle transmission or optional manual transmission. A manual transmission option isn't listed for B or C models. It also looks like the straight 200 just has a standard cap on the air intake and B and C models had a dust cup precleaner. The ** book I have shows a round tube ROPS on the MF200 but a square tube ROPS on B and C models. The A3-152 Perkins is arguably the best small diesel ever made and sips fuel. It is the same engine used in the legendary MF135 tractor. I'll take a few pics. so you can get a better idea.

  6. #6Welder Dave2025-02-21 01:58

    EDIT: After looking closely at the pics. below the MF200B and MF200C pics. are flipped. I think the text is correct though and the C is a little heavier. Note that the linkage arms for the bucket are flat instead of indented. There was also an MF200D but it has completely different loader arms. I would guess the 200 was fairly popular with 5 different models if you include the 2244. Hope these pics. show up OK. My best guess is it's a straight MF200.

  7. #7BRatt2025-02-24 14:27

    Looks like I picked the right crowd! This is the information I'm looking for and I truly am humbly grateful for the research, dialog and replies. Thanks a bunch! This gives me some homework to chew on. In the future, I will post more specific photos and ask for any advice I can get. When I was in the Navy Seabees, my tracked loader license (experience) was for an International 125. Loved that machine. I look forward to clearing a lot of brush with the ** if I can get it going. Perhaps with y'all's help. If not, I really appreciate your time nonetheless.