I reckon it used almost 4 cups of diesel in two days The lengths a bloke will go to avoid using a shov...., heck, almost used the "S" word We named it the "Booger"
You have to be careful around trees
I'm surprised at how long the stick is, what were you digging for? So how many hamsters does it have under the hood?
We were digging out an old asbestos fence. You'd have to check the Kubota website for the specs....its got 3 cylinders:beatsme.....and it does the job.
You can just do that down there? I don't know all that would be involved here in the states, but I'm sure it would take a foot thick stack of papers and a big pile of money to do it legally...
Thats cause I'm a crapload of paper, expensive, registered asbestor remover type of guy. The serious restrictions are on the transportation to the disposal site. The trick with the fencing is to keep it damp and remove it carefully sheet by sheet. Too many snap the sheets off in the ground and the site gets contaminated when putting in a new fence or wall. Demoing old houses is problematic.....which is why I only do roofs and fences now. You can get banned at the dump for a tiny piece of asbestos in demo waste. We dig, suit up in disposable coveralls, masks and gloves, chuck it on a polethene liner in the truck, seal it and run it to the disposal site.....no big deal....you can eat it for breakfast....just don't breathe it.
bobcat ron i believe it has either 10.8 or 12 HP...we have one exactly like it..fun little machine to run, but it takes forever
that thing looks handier than a shirt pocket
For some reason, "Top Heavy" keeps entering my mind
I ran a little baby Yanmar like that last summer, a little SV-08. They are handy and sure beat a shovel, but are painstakingly slow compared to even a 2 ton machine.
they are pretty shaky driving on slopes...its isn't as top heavy as it looks, but they are very fast to start tipping, not like a larger one where you have a little warning...i have almost been bucked off ours 3 or 4 times...gets your heart racing
Eat more chicken wings and drink more beer = Added counter weight option.
It weighs 910kg when I'm sitting on it
Sqizzy's avatar I don't know whether to laugh or be scared it's cute and disturbing at the same time. What is that thing holding the scythe in your avatar? i can't figure it out. I don't blame you for avoiding the "s" Here we call them "idiot sticks"
You'll have to ask Digger242j what it is....he is the malicious administrator who stole my pink hardhat
i saw a video on americas funniest home videos of a guy running one of those he was stardaling a ditch on a sheet of osb plywood don't know if it was reinforced. "its not what your already thinking i was thinking the same thing. he was reaching into a hole with it leaning forward on the machine and all of a sudden wham he was in the ditch with the machine tilted pretty precarious i thought for sure he was going to die when he fell in and you see the hoe start to follow but i think he just got a few bumps and bruises
I rented a small machine like that to put in a small french drain (6' length x 2' width x 2' depth) in a guys backyard. He had an oversize gate (4') and had some room to spare. There is a nitch for every machine. IMO
Just like Squizzy himself...
The Booger Review Hey, I'm the handsome guy wrapped around the tree in the pics....I think the avatar is actually Snoopy...or some effigy that Digger sticks Voodoo needles into every other Friday... Now, back to the Kubota. Kubota got it wrong. There is something wrong with the stick/dipper geometry. I'd need to compare it alongside the little Kobelco we normally have but the Kobelco can dig right up under the blade or directly in front...this machine cannot. And the slew controls are woeful....the smallest excavator I ever parked my rear on and the most scared I have ever been of smacking into something. I mean its a machine designed...if not destined, to work in restricted access situations...so you would want it nice and smooth. Not so the slew on this little pig....just when you think you've got it worked out it jerks around worse than a drunk scraper driver on paynight. Plus the main stick cylinder is weak and will not lift its rated load.....but you just lean forward, grab the stick and pull it back to you ...all rather amusing but rushing out to put money on this little Kubota...I will not be. It got the job done...thats what matters.
Blade You think they may have made it that way so someone don't rip the blade off? Wait it doesn't have the power to lift the boom loaded so that's out. :stirthepot
our little kubota can grab onto the blade..we have the teeth on our bucket though...looks like the one you are running does not
That looks about the same size of mini-X I got my start on. An old JD 7 excavator, 7hp kohler engine in her. My grandfather would park it out in the garden and I was allowed to just sit there and dig.
thats a new way to plant your pumpkins...
10HP (7032 hamsters would be my rought guess....) Its a seriously tough little machine though.
Yea, the guy on the takeuchi shouldn't have ever been on a machine, no seatbelt, digging sideways, digging from an unstable platform sideways. So many problems so little time. One idiot born every minute, and that guy took two spots.... B-)
I wonder how it would compare to the little BOBCAT 418. Which also has 10.2HP (or in universal metric 4032 Hampsters)
The bobcat actually looks a little smaller. My K008-3 weighs in at 2000lbs, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bobcat is using the same engine (They use a lot of Kubota power plants)
Here is a video of me taking my machine through our horse pasture pedestrian gate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2pWkILog2E&feature=plcp
They look worse than they are, the engine is low, as well as the weight of the under carrige. So its pretty stable when the tracks are out. Once it starts going though, you has better be fast on the controls. B-)
I have rented the bobcat 418 a few times this past year. great little machine. I think one will be in my future.
A real good friend of mine has a 007 Kubota. We haul it in the back of a half ton pickup. It doesnt get used often, but when you do it is very handy. Have taken the rops off and drove it down cellar steps to dig up and repair sewer pipes.
Dang, that little outfit would make a good potato digger, but I'd have to add a thumb so I could yank out a couple carrots. "Honey, I'm gonna go to town and get a new shovel for the garden" shovel price probably 30 grand, the look on wifey's face (after she just soiled her undergarments)good thing I stopped at walmart for a clean pair) watching you pull into the yard with the new toy...beyond priceless!
Its strange mate but you have to tilt the boom and dipper at the body for it to reach the blade.