Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Master Link/Pin assembly on ITR track chains

soapstoneguy ยท 2012-02-05 13:23

Hey everyone, Got some new rails on my excavator. I installed the masterlink and it is a snug fit. The masterlink that ITR makes has a little 'L' shaped pin that goes through the other end of the masterlink to hold it in place I guess..Haven't seen one of these before. Anyone know how to keep the 'L' shaped pin from coming out? I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Replies2
  1. #1QuickTrax2012-02-05 14:07

    We heat ours and bend them to where they wont come out. Some people choose to use cotter pins instead of the provided pin.

  2. #2soapstoneguy2012-02-06 11:38

    That is what I was thinking. Thanks for the info. I kept looking at it and thinking 'I bet a cotter pin would work and be easier to take out and replace if I needed to break the track apart'. Thanks again!