Putting in a 1/4 mile oval track for bikes and can't find dimensions but figured someone on here would know how to figure it out. If the straights are 400' long each, what radius would the inside corners need to be for a total of 1320'? Is there a simple formula if the length of the straights were altered and what would be the easiest way to lay it out? I found dimensions for a 1/2 mile oval but not 1/4 mile. Thanks in advance.
Well, if a 1/4 mile is 1320', take off the two straights totaling 800' which essentially leaves a circle with a circumference of 520'. The diameter of a 520' circle is approx 166' which means the radius is about 83'. This will give you a 1/4 mile oval measured at the inside of the track.
Perfect! I figured there was a simple formula but school was too many years ago to remember.
The things I remember best about school is the frequent *** chewings from teachers, and principal. Willie