Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Max Flow fuel additive

Oxbow ยท 2013-12-30 12:18

I was just solicited via phone to purchase a product called Max Flow diesel fuel additive, that guarantees 20% savings in fuel cost by virtue of somehow changing all fuel impurities into productive ingredients. The salesman quoted the additive @ about $100 per gallon, and 10 oz. will treat 100 gallons. Anti gell ingredients are also available at no extra charge that he claims will allow #2 fuel to be used to -45 degrees below zero. We have had numerous discussions on HEF recently talking about fuel additives, but I don't recall anyone mentioning this product. Do any of you have experience with this? It sounds like snake oil to me.

Replies2
  1. #1Poohbear552013-12-30 13:08

    Sounds to me like one of those "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is "

  2. #2Oxbow2013-12-30 14:10

    That is what I'm thinking.