Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Maxforce 7

Snappinturtle · 2020-07-08 19:39

2013 freightliner with a maxforce 7 had a stuck malfunctioning egr valve and several exhaust leaks all i fixed including boost pressure sensor any ideas on low power light black smoke on wot also running a little over 200° on throttle but fluctuates down 15° 20° after coast for 1 to 2 mins? All the obvious has been checked but I appreciate your ideas thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1NepeanGC2020-07-08 20:11

    That doesn't seem right...Maxxforce was an International/Navistar engine. As far as I know they only ended up in International and Ford trucks. You sure it's not a cummins?

  2. #2BertEe2020-07-21 19:21

    I never saw Freight liner with Maxxforce 7 my self. I really wonder what's the story here.

  3. #3Truck Shop2020-07-21 19:35

    How do you like your spam, fried with two eggs and toast or a spam burger?

  4. #4BertEe2020-07-21 19:40

    Sorry man. I was just surfing the forum, I did have a bus with Maxxforce 7 in our fleet, and that engine was junk. That is why I opened up the thread, and decided to comment.