I think hell froze over just like with the Eagles. Guy helping with the new Flat track helped me fix the skid steer and then we had what I thought might be a tense meeting. I tried to be as professional as possible and make a list of things that had to happen if the arrangement was to continue. He agreed with everything I had listed!!! He runs a small shop mostly selling NOS motorcycle parts, accessories, tires, some salvage and does suspension work and misc. stuff for select customers. He's not going to do any service work so he can concentrate on the track and is going to be closed on Fridays to also help at the track. He agreed on having a formal agreement written up and regular in person meetings. He said he was just so happy that I agreed to put the track in and wants to be on the same page as I am. He does have a lot of contacts in the industry and that's why I wanted to give him one last chance to redeem himself. I am in shock! I thought he was going to have some issues with some of the items I brought up but the only one was regarding another guy who helped me that he had a falling out with. He said he's OK if the guy helps me and wants to ride but if the club had a problem with him is something the two of them had to sort out. It's hard to get help so I'm hoping everyone can put their issues aside for the good of the track. The common denominator is that everybody is exited about the new purpose built track!
Its funny how keeping a cool head and some good communication can make things so easy when you expect the worse. Maybe you should invoke this on some US government officials!?
Hope it works out but don’t let your guard down.
One of the points in the agreement is going to be ending the agreement if it doesn't work out.