Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mclaren Hybrid or other?

s-moe ยท 2012-11-25 19:39

Guys- I need new tracks on my Takeuchi TB53FR they are just starting to come apart at 2200 hours ( I was really hoping to reach 3000). I am probably going to go with rubber tracks but I noticed the Mclaren Hybrids and I wanted to know if anyone has any feedback on them. If I don't go with hybrids I will probably look at Mclaren rubber or a local dealer with a decent reputation. I am hoping my track will last until the new ones get ordered and arrive. I just broke about 5 of the links that the sprocket grabs onto. thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Replies2
  1. #1Jim Dandy2012-11-25 22:59

    I have the Mclaren hybrids. I can't remember how much they were but they were definetly more than regular rubber tracks. Before the hybrids I was throwing tracks alot. Since the hybrids I rarely throw tracks. That could be due to something else. I like the hybrids but the rubber pads don't last as long as I thought they would. The corners go first then the will come off and leave the metal track. Mclaren is a good company. They are very responsive and will ship you new pads promptly. I would probably buy them again mainly because I believe (maybe I am wrong) that the metal tracks don't stretch thus don't come off nearly as much.

  2. #2HillBoy2012-12-05 15:50

    I don't know much about mclaren hybrid tracks, but I know them for their track loader tracks and tires and we have been very pleased. we first got both their TDF tracks about 4-5 years ago - these are the original multi bar tracks on the market that many others are now copying - and we never put another set of track again. we switched all CTLs we have to TDF tracks and it is paying off well, as they last much longer than the other tracks plus the ride is better. we also use mclaren nuair tires that are puncture proof. very good products and company is all i can say for mclaren.