Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MDI/Yutani…what is it?

millercross3 ยท 2013-02-19 14:12

On a bar hopping, booze filled night, what did kobelco mate with to get that MDI/Yutani machine? Are those a grey market, leprosy, run away from sort of machine?

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042013-02-19 16:20

    They are just what Kobelco was before the marketing deal/name change. A friend had a couple of them and the local Kobelco dealer had no problem getting parts.

  2. #2millercross32013-02-19 16:31

    They must not have been that very long due to not seeing many advertised on machinery trader versus what kobelco shows

  3. #3excavator2013-02-19 17:55

    MDI/Yutani If I remember right, when Caterpillar bought out/merged with Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi was required to build machines in Japan for 5 years so they joined up with Yutani/Kobelco to produce the MDI/Yutani.

  4. #4stumper1202013-03-04 20:09

    same as kobelco's with very close to some cat models. I have a yutani md120 which is exactly the same as a kobelco k905. very very similar to a cat e120. no problems getting parts

  5. #5apm2013-03-05 07:23

    Is anybody familiar with a Yutani 180? I've got a customer with one who says parts are impossible. What does it cross to in Kobelco? Thanks, Greg

  6. #6stumper1202013-03-05 07:44

    I believe that's a k907 kobelco . what is he trying to buy? the engine stuff is all common either Mitsubishi or Isuzu.

  7. #7apm2013-03-05 09:05

    He's had trouble with the planetary gears in the swing system. We've made him a few parts but can't find any parts lists or drawings anywhere. Would love to find a parts manual. Thanks, Greg