On an excavator at what point do you replace chain ,sprockets idlers and other components. I hear track wear referred to as a %. For example track is 60%. What do you measure to come up with an accurate assessment? Is the % a measurement with caliper on pins and rollers at wear point as compared to new specifications? :beatsme I am experienced on working on equipment but not on excavators so if I have some of the terminology wrong please feel free to correct me. I have found this Forum very interesting and useful and appreciate input.:salute
Excavator undercarriage wears so differently than crawler tractors that very few people even bother to measure them any more. Basically you run the chains until you run out of adjuster and then maybe pull a link and change sprockets and run some more. The bottom rollers will run through two sets of chains unless you have something odd going on. The basic quick check for bottom rollers is the amount of space between the bottom roller flanges and the track pin bosses. At any rate ask questions and we will try to give you answers.