Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Measuring WB on a twin steer truck

Hallback ยท 2020-12-09 08:39

What would be the proper method?

Replies9
  1. #1Truck Shop2020-12-09 14:00

    It's still center of front steer to center between rear axles. IIRC https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-calculate-the-wheel-base-for-a-big-truck-with-multiple-axles

  2. #2Hallback2020-12-09 14:46

    Awesome, thank you TS!

  3. #3Hallback2020-12-09 15:33

    Ok, so it is currently 274"WB and I am able to chop it down to 204". Perfect!!

  4. #4Truck Shop2020-12-09 18:07

    Now isn't that exactly what logger would say--------Chop It Down!

  5. #5Truck Shop2020-12-09 18:26

    You my want to look at Kenworth pdf below for WB measurement. Kenworth measures center of front trunnion to center of rear trunnion.

  6. #6Truck Shop2020-12-09 19:13

    https://www.simardsuspensions.com/en/products/

  7. #7JPV2020-12-09 19:31

    DOT would measure from front steer axle for weight purposes for what that is worth

  8. #8Truck Shop2020-12-09 19:34

    Good point.

  9. #9Truck Shop2020-12-09 20:13

    Take a photo of the steering boxes, I'm going to guess Shepard, could be Ross but Shepard back then.