Has anyone here ever swapped these in a medium duty truck? Internet searches yield me a lot of topics about people wanting to do this in a pickup, but I haven't found much good info on doing it in a larger truck actually made for the engine. I have a ford F-800 and while I probably won't do it, I have been daydreaming about finding a 8.3 to swap into it to make it more drivable. These truck did come with the 8.3 as an option so I assume there are holes in the frame to bolt the motor mounts for the 8.3? I am wondering about the bellhousing and clutch. I have a feeling these are not interchangeable in part because of the greater torque from the 8.3? Looks like an 8.3 is slightly longer than a 5.9, does anyone know how that was delt with? Does the whole transmission move back a few inches? I wish I had access to a truck with a factory 8.3 to measure
No replies yet.