Hi All, I have been looking at the the Mecalac 6MCR to replace a JCB 3cx compact backhoe loader. I need something that can do both excavator and loader work with more efficiency: Lack of flotation in softer ground has been a concern and lack of drivability while in excavator mode of course are realities with a standard TLB. Few questions: 1. Is the MCR top heavy/unstable on sight grades? ie: is it top-heavy? 2. Can the skidsteer bucket be replaced with something with more volume for snow removal? 3. Any other opinions on this machine are appreciated! Thanks.
Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you. Moving this thread over to the compact excavator forums since this is a compact machine. Check out this thread - HeavyEquipmentForums Mater has lot's of info on the machines.
I would not consider it to be top heavy. In most conditions I think it's more stable than a normal mini excavator of similar weight and size. I'm not sure if Mecalac makes a light material bucket, but if they don't, you could use a skid steer adapter and any skid steer bucket with that. However, as with any tracked excavator or skid steer, it will have terrible traction in the snow, unless you get special tracks or cleats for it. I have a skid steer adapter for mine and use it with forks and a vibrating roller. What are your expected uses for the machine?