Hello, does anyone know of a good mechanic around the central NY area that is familiar with Ford backhoes? I have a 555A that I simply don't have a shop large enough to work on it, or else I'd fix it myself. Issue with the backhoe is it doesn't reverse. I'm just outside Rome NY. Thanks Matt
clinton tractor does a very good job of repairs, they are a new holland dealer.... https://www.yellowpages.com/clinton-ny/mip/clinton-tractor-implement-co-462429197
Yea I've had good experience with them. I was hoping to figure out if there was a reputable off-the-beaten-path guy that does it before taking it down to Clinton though
im sure there are I just dont know of any up in that area...
Copy that. Where are you located?
Give Randy a call at Ranmar tractor in Pulaski. Not sure if he will do it, but if he won’t, he would probably know where else to go to. 315-298-5109.
im between oneonta and cooperstown..town of new lisbon..
Copy, thanks, I'll definitely give that a shot
Ah nice! A little south of me
utica is about 40 minutes north of me...the biggest PITA is transporting equipment to get repaired if you dont have your own truck and trailer...I know clinton will come get equipment( im sure with a charge) but they do nice work...
Haha yea. Luckily my brother works for an excavating company and can probably haul it for me
I'm near Lafayette and own a 555. Dont have any good news for you...sounds like a shuttle issue. Engine has to come out to get at it.
Roger that. Yea I took apart the modulator valve to see if there was a broken spring and all looked good. I'm just hoping it's something simple in the clutches, they are relatively cheap and don't look too difficult once you get to them