Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Melroe 660 bobcat (1980’s)

bent · 2013-05-14 01:52

I have a six-wheel bobcat I would like to sell. Could anyone tell me what is the best way to advertise it? How would I go about advertising it and where would be the best place? I'm located near Spokane Washington. Melroe 660 6 x 6 skid steer loader Serial number 0086 Good Izusu diesel engine - runs well 56 hp Weighs approximately 3 tons Load carrying capability approximately one ton Well used 1 broken gear in one gearbox Only a small number of these tractors were made. I could post pictures if anyone would like. ​

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies20
  1. #1digger242j2013-05-14 06:56

    I'll let others offer more suggestions, but if its your personally owned machine, you're welcome to post an ad in our "for sale" section here at HEF. And welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums.

  2. #2alrman2013-05-14 17:04

    I, for one, would like to some pics of the old girl I googled & found this old promotional video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaquec4yI9Q It would certainly be a collectors item.

  3. #3The Learner2013-05-15 04:35

    thats a ripper of a video alrman one different looking skiddy looks like it would of been of the first vertical lift skid steer machines i too would be interested in seeing some pictures of the ol girl what type of condition is it in? running, working, complete, wreck or parts?

  4. #4MutsMachines2013-05-16 21:05

    what a cool machine!

  5. #5alrman2013-05-16 21:34

    That "ejector bucket" has me intrigued

  6. #6MutsMachines2013-05-16 22:58

    But obviously there is a downfall to having six wheels instead of four because why is it only one company produced a 6 wheeled bobcat and every other company made them with 4 wheels. Still to this day I love tracks on anything but 6 wheels sounds good. But if I remember right an old Argo manufacture called bazzoo from orillia Ontario had problems with the middle tires going flat on both side so possibly they had the same problem?

  7. #7RCTech92013-05-16 23:02

    That is really cool. How many 6 wheel bobcats did they make?

  8. #8MBTRAC2013-05-17 23:21

    My understanding is they were only produced in very small numbers. I've only ever seen 1x 6wheel skid steer - it was in the late 80's & I believe produced in 1980, interestingly it was branded a "Meltrac" rather than a "Melroe" ?

  9. #9bent2013-05-27 23:57

    This Melroe 660 bobcat is now posted for sale on the Equipment for Sale/Wanted forum with pictures. Please go there to see the details and pictures. Thank you for your interest and comments.

  10. #10lantraxco2013-05-28 01:08

    I may be wrong, but as I recall from the time I was told that the Melroe Brothers that had started Bobcat and sold it to CLARK started producing and marketing these six wheeled machines after certain terms of the non-compete expired. Maybe they weren't legally able to produce a four wheeled machine, or maybe they just wanted to sell something different. Or maybe they were trying for better stability, Bobcat wasn't bad, but some of the other skid steers of the time would flip back onto the counterweight if you snapped the load arms to the upper stop with the bucket empty. Nice looking units anyway!

  11. #11todd thatcher2022-06-19 10:40

    New to forum. Does anyone know of any of these machines for sale? I am looking for parts or whole machine

  12. #12Tiger$2022-07-24 12:58

    How much you willing to pay for one working great 4000 hours

  13. #13todd thatcher2022-07-24 13:37

    dont really need a running one looking more for a parts machine. plus it would cost me a arm and leg to pick it up. i am in western colorado

  14. #14Kathy Talbot2022-10-24 18:42

    I have a Mel-Trac six wheeler 660 skid loader with four attachments and trailer. Original owner, my dad, bought new in 1983. New starter and battery, runs good! I would love to sell on my own before turning to an auction house. Would appreciate any guidance in the best way to do this. Thanks!

  15. #15todd thatcher2022-10-24 19:27

    Kathy please let me know what you are thinking on the price. I have one and would possibly be interested in purchasing yours.

  16. #16Kathy Talbot2022-10-24 19:53

    We’re asking $5K. It”s got a heavy duty trailer that”s probably worth at least half of that, plus the four attachments.

  17. #17todd thatcher2022-10-25 10:06

    Kathy. My email is tddthatcher@yahoo. Please reply to my email

  18. #18todd thatcher2022-10-25 10:07

    What attachments do you have

  19. #19The Peej2022-10-25 11:04

    Sounds reasonable for a working loader with trailer. I'm not interested but would like to see pics

  20. #20Kathy Talbot2022-10-25 17:44

    Attachments are : bucket, fork lift, ripper and scraper.