Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mercedes 4000 truck engine fuel problem

cat953bc ยท 2017-05-05 19:03

changed fuel filter and filled the housing up with fuel and can not get to run, tries to hit but will not start. can anyone give me any information on how to bleed it maybe????????????????????

Replies2
  1. #1d9gdon2017-05-05 20:26

    I had an OM460 in the fleet that I had to get an ISO coupler to screw into the fuel filter housing and used a homemade fuel primer to get fuel to it after a complete out of frame rebuild. That's how the manual shows to do it. I took a new piece of 2" pipe about 3' long and plumbed a hydraulic hose onto one end and a shutoff valve on the other. The hydraulic hose had a female flat faced hydraulic fitting that plugged into the male flat faced fitting that I had screwed into the filter housing. Near the end where the shutoff valve was, I brazed another 1/4" fitting into the side of the pipe with a shutoff valve on it so that I could plug an air hose into the pipe to pressurize it. I also put a pressure regulator on it to keep the pressure limited to 15 pounds. I poured diesel into the end that had the shutoff valve on it, plugged the hydraulic hose into the fitting on the filter housing and pressurized my pipe bomb to force diesel into the system. Just make sure that your pipe bomb is completely clean when you use it. Worked like a charm, it fired right up.

  2. #2cat953bc2017-05-06 07:43

    thank you,