This job is gonna be HUGE but they can only do it a bit at a time as the oil fields get removed or relocated ahead of them. Right now they are filling a canyon clean-out, apparently it was VERY deep. They also managed to 'lose' a massive concrete dump that used to be in this canyon.
Some more- Sorry about the crappy ones, cell phone..
Interesting to note that part or this project will include the natural oil seeps in this area. Yup, that's black gold, Texas tea, running right out of the ground...
Where exactly is this job at? I live right by these hills and had no idea this project was going on! Thanks
Near Lambert and Valencia. They have finished the phases visible from the main streets, this is back in the hills a bit, just north of the new Santa Fe Rd. If you look at Google map satellite, which are months old, look for a lake in the shape of the fill
Oh ok I thought they were all done with that job but I guess not. Hopefully I can get over there to check it out. Thanks for the info.
Opps! And just a couple more..
Glad to see some developers still moving dirt for building house pads. Mesa has another job going on it Carbon Canyon for housing, my son Timmy runs a finish cat on that job he hasen't worked for 21/2 years glad to see him working, What kind of rental company are you? Mike Nebergall
Hey Mike- I am a skiploader owner-operator.
Good morrning Carl, you do a lot of work for Mesa? always thought running a furgie was a good job, when I worked for Sully-Miller back in 1962 the work was always interesting. Do you spin pads out for mesa, or just do everything? Mike Nebergall
Mike- I don't work with Mesa, they are doing this job in the same space as another i'm involved with. My company has been dormant since the bottom fell out in 07 or 08, everything's paid for so it's parked waiting for the work to come back and justify the insurance. For more see the thread 'finish grading with skiploaders' Thanks CS