Met the new tool guy yesterday a second one, started coming around last week when I was off to grieve after my mom passed. He met me and I was impressed with him, great attitude and service. A Cornwell dealer his truck was stocked good. Bought a new Milwaukee battery,an M18 5.0 amp and asked him about having the Grip Edge tools.Said he got them in and sold them all. Told him order me the Hex bit sets and a star bit set.Said he will do it. Boss is happy with him hearing he has great service and attitude.
I am kind of glade a truck dosent come by where I work . I have a lot of tools but it would be nice if there was one i could get stuff warranted if needed .
A friend of mine got me into the Grip Edge hex and star bits.He is a motorcycle mechanic and shown me stripped and rounded hex fastners removed easily with them.I encounter this at times and have watched this video too
I could have used them on a hex headed bolt down in a hole this week. I ended up drilling the head off removing the part then using vice gripes . Now i need a hard to find new bolt.
Cornwell seems to always have reliable dealers. Unfortunately for me the never have the special tool I need right now.
I don't even waste my time walking onto the truck anymore. Everything is overpriced. I can buy the same cordless tools from a big box retailer for 20-30% less than off the tool truck.
Tool trucks are why Harbor Freight is so successful.
yep. I appreciate the need to make enough overhead to run a truck I do not appreciate getting outright gouged on tools like the trucks do (to be clear it’s the parent company setting the prices high, not the tool truck owner unless they run a completely independent truck) Cornwell had some of the fairer prices by far
Napa and Matco were my favourite trucks to deal with back in the day. I'm over halfway through my working life now and Craftsman, Jet, Mastercraft, Gearwrench etc have lasted me this long. I see no reason to waste money replacing what works just to say I have a certain brand of tools.
I bought my first set of craftsman at 16 and took them to work a few years later. Still using them when I retired at 59. Lost a few over the years but still using most of them in my retirement. d.d.
Cornwell frequently has 50% off sales and that can make their USA tools the same price as Proto and their Taiwan line similar to Carlyle and Sunnex. And then you actually have a warranty.
Cornwell --had Ford Blue tool boxes along with red for one year, all the way back in 1964. Trivia.
I have some of every tool brand i think . I like the fill and look of the high end stuff and if a truck would have stopped buy were i worked all the time i would have more tool truck stuff. I think maybe I am luck because what I have has worked good.
When i was young, the snap-on tools seemed more affordable but now i could never afford to replace them. 40 yrs ago there wasn’t much available in the small town where i worked other than the real cheap stuff. The tool trucks were convenient and their warranty was pretty good but nowadays there is a huge selection available but i’m not sure how easy it is to get warranty. I kept all my tool receipts going back to 1978 in case i had to prove what they were worth in case of fire, etc.
I would be interesting to know what like snapon cost 40 years ago compaired to what a mechanic is making today? I got a great deal on a Mac road box in the early 80s. It had a problem with the spot welds for some reason they showed up more . I think the box was a little over $800.00 but I got it for $400.00.