I'm just wondering if any of you know where I can get metal tracks for the older norscot excavators and dozers like the 365L, D11r, etc. I appreciate any help or suggestions Thanks Josh
Ebay is the best place to look there seem to be quite a few advertised there from time to time. Expect to pay upwards of $25 a set. The other place to check out is Buffalo Road Imports in upstate New York. They seem to stock aftermarket tracks as well but again they are not cheap. Happy hunting :drinkup
If you are looking on either Buffalo road or DHS Diecast sites, the acessories you are looking for are listed by a manufacturer named Steel City. A lot of guys rob tracks off of other models to get them, you might check out the forum at DHS and ask some of the guys there what they use. Hope this helps. Alan 627b http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/ http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/search_results.cfm?maker_id=28 http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/ http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/productListdepartment.aspx?department=PARTS
Thanks for the help guys, that's what I was lookin for. I'm workin on a custom 365 with a shear and the plastic tracks just don't look right on it! Ill try to post some pics of my collection soon, This is an awsome site lots of sweet diecast on here!
For my CAT 365 I bought a 365 fs and robber the tracks, Spend $65 for a set of tracks. I wish Norscot would put metal tracks on the 365 and re-release it. JAson
I was gonna do that too, it just sucks to waste the front shovel cause that won't look right with plastic tracks either. That would be cool if they would re-release it with metal tracks I know someone that works at norscot I will recommend it forsure
You can actually take the FS apart and all the old boom to the new body. I have not had time to do this yet, I have seen it and it looks better all around Jason
Ok cool, thanks Jason Ill definately try that out. Do you have any of those hammers you have posted about ready to go get? I am definately interested in some they look awsome
I am making these to orders. I had planned on casting them but I could not get a good model made, after 3 tries I just started making them one at a time. So if you want any let me know I will probably make a few this week, I will just add it to the stack, and make then all at the same time Jason
Ok I definately want one for a 365 and with the one you are making for the 904 work on a 330 or 336 cat?? Can you just pm me some prices and any info you need thanks
is the quick hith the same on the 904 and the 330? If so then yes it will fit. I will shot you a PM on the prices