Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Metric 6 point double box end wrench

excavator · 2016-08-21 00:29

I'm looking for a set of standard length metric 6 point double box end wrenches. I've checked numerous tool company catalogs and all I've found is SnapOn makes a 12x14 and a 13x15mm. Anyone have any idea where I might find these?

Replies14
  1. #1hvy 1ton2016-08-21 00:57

    I don't know why a company would make a short 6-pt set and not a normal length, but SK does. That seems wholly counter-intuitive. If it helps any short set is SK 86198.

  2. #2excavator2016-08-21 01:14

    Thanks hvy1ton. I had seen that to and thought the same thing. Seems kinda strange that no one seems to make these anymore. I've got a standard set and there's just times that nothing else works as good as a 6 point.

  3. #3RBMcCloskey2016-08-21 10:05

    Have you checked eBay, I am sure you will find them there. Look under Snap On Tools

  4. #4repowerguy2016-08-21 12:10

    Is there some reason that you want or need a double box wrench? Regular old combination wrenches are easy to find in 6 point.

  5. #5excavator2016-08-22 11:17

    Now days E-BAY is the first place I look for more tools, nothing there either.

  6. #6excavator2016-08-22 11:23

    Yes regular old combination wrenches work but I have some standard 6 point double end box wrenches and they're very handy in certain situations so I'm looking for metric ones. And it might just be that they're one of only a few types of wrenches that I don't have so I need to add them.

  7. #7repowerguy2016-08-22 13:50

    Aha, I gotcha there excavator!

  8. #8crane operator2016-08-22 17:03

    Can get them from Harry j Epstein company. They're a old company in Kansas City, specialize in american tools. s-k, wright, proto, wilde, etc. They sometimes have some great deals in their closeouts. I like to support the little guy, because I'm a little guy too. http://www.harryepstein.com HOME/ 8 PC 6 POINT SHORT DEEP METRIC OFFSET BOX END WRENCH SET 8 PC 6 POINT SHORT DEEP METRIC OFFSET BOX END WRENCH SET Be the first to review this product SK Tools - Made in the USA AVAILABILITY: 0 IN STOCK. $127.36 Qty: 0 ADD TO CART Add to WishlistAdd to Compare QUICK OVERVIEW 8 Pc 6 Point Short Deep Metric Offset Box End Wrench Set 8 Pc 6 Point Short Deep Metric Offset Box End Wrench Set MORE VIEWS DETAILS 8 Pc 6 Point Short Deep Metric Offset Box End Wrench Set SuperKrome® finish provides long life and maximum corrosion resistance SureGrip® hex design drives the side of the fastener, not the corner Box ends feature deep offset for improved hand clearance in tight work spaces Made in the U.S.A. Lifetime warranty 8 piece set is made in the U.S.A., featuring SK's high polish SuperKrome® finish, which protects the tools from the harsh working environments found in today's work place. The SureGrip® wrenching design on wrench box ends, drives the side of the hex of the fastener, not the corner, to increase torque and avoid edge breakage, especially on rusted or damaged fasteners. Set includes: 6 point SuperKrome® Short Deep Offset Box End wrenches 6mm x 7mm, 8mm x 9mm, 9mm x 10mm, 11mm x 12mm, 13mm x 14mm, 15mm x 16mm, 17mm x 19mm and 18mm x 20mm.

  9. #9farmerlund2016-08-22 19:12

    thanks for the website, Crane Operator. looks like my kind of place. got it saved in favorites already.

  10. #10excavator2016-08-22 20:47

    Yes, thank you crane operator. Interesting site, I am however looking for standard length wrenches, not the short ones. Thanks anyway.

  11. #11crane operator2016-08-23 00:25

    Sorry excavator, cut them and weld a piece in the middle? Cheater bar? I looked at Mac, cornwell, wright , s-k , wilde, williams, armstrong, proto, martin, matco. Zip, nada, nothing, everybody sells 12 point. I don't know any others. Fire up the forge? only one offering them: Snap -on Only ones listed are these two snap on sizes -you can order them on the website if you don't have a truck. Kind of high $ but you get what you pay for 6-Point 12 mm–14 mm 10° Offset Metric Box Wrench XBM1214SA 42.25 USD 6-Point 13 mm–15 mm 10° Offset Metric Box Wrench XBM1315SA 42.25 USD

  12. #12excavator2016-08-23 01:00

    I thought about doing that but I guess I don't need them that bad. I'll probably order the two that SnapOn offers and keep looking for a 17-19mm,. I don't know if they've ever been available and have just recently been discontinued? I'll have to dig up some of my old tool catalogs and take a look.

  13. #13lantraxco2016-08-23 02:46

    Nepros. Amazon carries some, you may need to go to the Japan website. http://en.ktc.jp/distributors/

  14. #14gtermini2016-08-23 11:29

    It looks like snappy used to make them. These sold in June http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-MET...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 They have a 1988 date code. You'll just have to religiously watch ebay, another set will eventially show up. I'll usually save a search like "snap on 6 box metric set" and it'll refresh anytime. Greyson