Hi, I have a 50EX skip loader 4wd with shuttle transmission. Recently while under load, I heard a loud snap in the rear of the tractor. Lost power to the rear axle. front wheel drive works fine. I do not have a service manual. Jacked up the rear and I don't believe the problem is within the rear differential. Is there coupling between the transmission and rear end within the housing that may have broken? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Do you have a differential lock on that? What did the wheels do when you rotate one with the differential lock engaged? or will it drive with either rear wheel if you engage the differential lock?
Yes, it has a differential lock & engaging it does not drive. Differential seems to be fine, one wheel rotated forward spins the other rearward.
Sorry, I don't know what would be most likely to break in there. I have only a little experience with the older **'s and none with four wheel drive, so I'd be taking the cover off to take a look at what's moving and not moving.