Hi all neil here. My first post so bare with me. I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap scraper for farm use and have found the 110-15. Never owned-used a scraper before. Just wondering if anyone can give me a few ideas about what to look at when I go to have a look at it. Also we're these a good machine and are parts still available? Thanks.
Anyone? Gotta be plenty of knowledge out there.
We have been running our hancock Michigan 110-15 every day for the last three weeks. It is a nice running machine, you need two sets of ear plugs that Detroit 6v71 is a screamer. We have two 613s and our hancock, the hancock is a smoother machine in my opinion. I have been told that min par has some parts for the machine, for everything else just have to find some junk yard parts for her. There are some pics of our machine on one of the other posts. Good luck on your purchasing.
Went and had a look at her today. Front half seems fairly reasonable though hard to tell till ya get them home and put it to the test. Lil bit of work to do on back half though. Hopefully shouldn't take to much to tidy it up a little. Think ill buy it, does 15k seem reasonable for one of these machines?
15 K seems a bit high for that machine. You could get a decent 613 for that price. We only gave 3K for ours, we got a hell of a deal on ours though. I have seen them on machinery trader for around 9K. She better be a clean machine for that price. Good luck hope you enjoy if you decide purchasing.
Yeah I agree it prolly ova priced for what it is but there is nothing else about around my area. Prolly don't need to move a lot of dirt to pay for it though. That's oz$ to. Good scrapers start at about 80k from what I can tell. It's only gonna be an expensive toy I think lol. It will be rite at home with the hd9 and 145t. How does one go about putting pictures up?
too hogh Get a Cat or JD.May be a little higher but parts and resale will be much better.If the 110 is in good shape 5000 would be a good price.
.Is it a twin engine? (just curious) Michigans had Detroit or Cummins for power, so engine parts should not be difficult to get. Should be Clark differentials and trans (Clark owned Michigan). I don't know if Clark parts are difficult to get or not. I know they were very common in Michigan loaders. I believe Michigan self loading pans had Hancock bowls and elevators, same as Wabco, A-C, International, and most other early elevating pans (except for Cat, they were Johnson)
Single engine 6v71t. Think I'm gonna leave it there to much for what it is.
Mate, these blokes are only quoting prices in the USA not here in Australia. A "decent' 613 out here, would a minimum of $35-45k but steer clear of them with that throw away 3208 V8, In my book, they're not at the head of the list of decent elevator scrapers. Don't rush into buying any equipment until you've worked out what type of work you intend on doing, what type of equipment local contractors use etc. You need to be at least reasonably proficient on that particular item before purchasing any equipment, unless you've got money to burn! With an old scraper, you could expect to pour $30k plus into repairs etc, to get it up to scratch. I know Ive done it. I've done a fair bit on 110-15's in the past when they were new, both operating and spannering. I'll PM you