Just picked up a used Michigan 55B. Machine is a little rough and needs some work but it runs and operates. first order of business is fix the brakes and throttle. PO removed the rotted floor and bend the throttle rod in a u and stuffed his foot in it to operate. I need to source a fuel pedal assembly that will work. I think the bellcrank is missing too. any ideas ? Was thinking a race car cable setup or a pedal from an old Mack and make the bellcrank. second. The brakes. the pedal parts were removed from both valves and the valves are hanging in the breeze. Good news is other than the floor and pedals missing everything else looks to be there. They look like standard truck assemblies. How can I identiy them to get pedals and possibly new valves if the valves are bad ? it has some various minor leaks and one tire is bad however brakes and throttle are the best place for me to start.
La Machine…It actually feels fairly tight . No michgan bang clunk.
Ciao Acesnights1, il MICHIGAN 55B, ha BENDIX E2 per Brake Air Pedal. Consulta il catalogo. Stefano - CLARK MICHIGAN Fans
Thank you
How about some more pics. and info on the 6x6 truck you hauled it on?
I’m sure this info will help in your searches. It has some good pics of your valve bank too for those o rings you were asking about on another post. https://www.tractorparts.com/PDFs/MICHIGAN_55A_55B_WHEEL_LOADER_1BC_2BC_50BC_BOOK_1657.PDF
The 55B in the link above is different. The OP's 55B is from the 70's and is articulated.
Welder Dave, here you go. The truck is a 1979 M813 5 ton. She aint fast but it gets the job done. The trailer is a mid 70s Rogers 35 ton. 855 250hp Cummins with a 5spd no turbo. I drove it from Ct to New Hampshire to get this 941B….48mph and real slow on hills…
Here’s the loader. Scored it for 2500$. Needs alot of work but it runs good and operates.
I thought the truck would be more than a 5 ton with tandem axles. $2500 is pretty cheap for a running loader. By most accounts the Michigan loaders were built pretty tough. You can afford to spend a little to fix them up.