Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan 75A

Eric Pascas ยท 2013-11-26 14:17

I am new to the forum and I have recently acquired a 1969 Michigan 75A tractor shovel (loader), Perkins power. I see there have been some good discussions on these machines, but nothing recent, so I know the knowledge is out there. A few questions: 1) does anyone have a service manual? sell??? 2)the machine hesitaes about 2-3 sec. before engaging the tranny. Is this normal? I suspect the pressure is low on the charging pump...what is normal? Is the charging pump the same as the converter pump? Because I don't see another pump on the back of the converter, other than the boom and bucket pump, so I figure it must be inside the converter housing. 3) the brake shoes are oil soked from faulty planetary drive seals. Can the brakes be cleaned? How? 4) It had a parking brake mechanism inside the front drums, but all the linkage is missing between the backing plate and the cab. Anyone got this stuff for sale??? 5) Where do i get parts? I live in BC. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1d9gdon2013-11-26 14:46

    You can clean the brakes with brake cleaner from the local auto parts store. You might find some of those brake parts off some of these dismantled machines: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?ETID=3&Manu=MICHIGAN&Mdltxt=75A&mdlx=exact

  2. #2Eric Pascas2013-11-26 14:57

    Thanks...I will check it out

  3. #3Mike Van2013-11-27 06:11

    Try this site http://www.minnpar.com/manuals.asp for parts and manuals Eric.

  4. #4Eric Pascas2013-11-27 14:24

    Thanks for the info...unfortunately I have only been able to find parts manuals...no service manual

  5. #5Mike Van2013-11-28 06:05

    This place too http://www.tractorparts.com/clark.htm has some reprint manuals, or keep searching ebay, as sooner or late most everything gets on there -