Hi i just picked up a Michigan model 75a and need some help with the power steering booster, right now it acts like it connected in reverse, you turn the steering wheel and the hydraulics fight you making it nearly impossible to turn, the guy i got it from had it apart and said he wasn't sure when he reconnected the hoses to the booster control valve is they were in the right order, so first thing i try is taking them off and reversing them, but no change. so i start digging a little deeper the spring loaded sleeve with the ball joint and spool valve had a missing ball cup, replaced that cleaned and greased the sleeve and it moves freely in the housing. then i removed the control valve, nothing to special there looks like a pretty standard valve, cleaned it put it back together, but to no avail, so i get to thinking maybe when they reassembles the control valve they put it on upside down, so tear it apart rotate it but still no change, tried swapping the lines again and check the pump side as well to make sure those are connected right but nothing seems to make this thing work right. is there something I'm missing here?
Sounds like it's had a problem for a while, anybody check to see if the cylinder piston packing is toast? Or if the pump is putting out flow? Do you hear the engine pull down or belts squeal when you load up the steering? I'm assuming it has a belt drive steering pump? Might be an adjustment issue also, but it's been thirty years so....
I need help on 75A michigan loader transmission problems , works great for 25 min then stalls any help would be helpful
I had one of those machines some years back and unfortunately the power steering system is not the greatest. I ended picking up a used unit like you show in your picture and that one seemed to work better. If it's hard to steer and it feels like you are fighting pressure when you try to steer it, maybe its a check valve stuck and not releasing. I wish I could be of some help. I did have all the manuals for it, but I sold them to a member on here. I still have some parts kicking around but nothing for the steering system. I ended up junking the one I had. It did allot of work for me but when I decided to part with it, no one wanted it.
peter H I need transmission converter charging pump , and brake master cylinder , Thanks
any tranny parts
Did you figure out what was wrong? Do you have any part numbers for replacement cylinders? Mines doing the same thing.
Hi, new to this forum but have the exact same issue with my 75A. Did you get this figured out?