Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan 75A Wheel Troubles

Lou19 ยท 2015-03-16 12:25

I am in need of a wheel locking ring for a Michigan 75A loader. The old one rusted and basically fell off the wheel. The original part number is 551541 but no one has been able to locate one. Of course I would take a used one if it was in good shape or even an entire wheel assembly. I'm in southeastern PA and need some help. Thanks Lou

Replies9
  1. #1Deere tech2015-03-16 23:11

    Sometimes your local equipment tire vendor can get replacement parts like that.

  2. #2Mike Van2015-03-17 08:18

    If you want to search on google, there are some yards that scrap these old machines, you might get lucky & find one.

  3. #3Lou192015-03-17 19:19

    Thanks guy, but I have been searching all over with no luck. The tire is a 13-24 so I'm sure the wheel is on other older loaders. The wheels were manufactured by both Goodyear and Firestone back then. This old loader has been ours for 30+ years, it's not going to die like this!

  4. #4Mike Van2015-03-18 07:17

    Lou, did you check with Wengers in Meyerstown Pa.? They're pretty much farm machinery, but you never know, they might know of one -

  5. #5Lou192015-03-18 08:13

    Lane from Wengers is checking into it, thanks.

  6. #6Deere tech2015-03-18 23:15

    Can you foam fill the tire and put it in the back for additional counterweight? And then obviously foam fill the other rear tire.

  7. #7overworked2015-03-18 23:35

    Have you tried MinnPar?

  8. #8mikebramel2015-03-20 00:55

    try Miller Tire in Ohio

  9. #9cuttin edge2015-03-20 10:19

    I know the 75A is before VME, but have you tried the Volvo dealer. They might have a listing.