Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi WS3 wheel Loader information required

Petermcg ยท 2015-03-13 18:48

Hi there I am in New Zealand and have just purchased a Mits WS3. Its old and rusty but runs well , it is my new toy. First thing I would like to Know what sort of oil should go into the torque convertor transmission, and then any information, or links to, for the WS3. I believe it was developed in conjunction with caterpiller, I dont know much about it, not even how old it is. Peter

Replies7
  1. #1Petermcg2015-03-14 05:28

    Further to the above, I was wondering what type of transmission it is, How many forward speeds? (I can only find 2) Are they similar to other wheel loaders, as I would like to get a user or parts manual, It has the S4e2 diesel Motor.

  2. #2robbiewo2015-08-20 08:35

    Hi Peter did you find out any more info on the Ws3 a parts manual or service manual perhaps. I have come across a machine but i need to know some more info on what make model the Hydraulic pump is any specs would help me out. Robbie

  3. #3Petermcg2015-08-22 01:11

    Reply Robbie I have veiwed a bit of info online but I now need to find it again. I have roughly restored my machine with paint, new lights, gauges, seat etc and fitted a ROPS Bar. I know the part numbers for all the filters, and also what oils should be used, so if this is usefull,letme know, I will put them on here or email to you. The WS3 is a similar machine to the ws500, The ws3 is about 1977 to 1990, and the ws500 is newer I think.The ws500 has different diffs and wheels and only one ram for tipping the bucket. I will try to find out more about the Hydraulic Pump. Peter

  4. #4robbiewo2015-08-22 03:59

    Thanks for the reply I am really interested in getting some pictures and part numbers for the hydraulic pump I know its tucked away down side of engine and not easy to look at. How well does the loader go when running is it a good machine for the size and has it got good power to drive the wheels when digging into load the bucket.

  5. #5Petermcg2015-08-23 02:25

    I will get some pictures of my hydraulic pump, it is down under the starter motor and I think it is driven from the transmission. It is attached by 2 bolts and would not be to hard to remove, my one is a Shimadzu made in Japan. Do you think you have a faulty pump, and have you checked the hydraulic filter? I dont know the part number for the pump but will try to find out. My loader starts well after about 30 secs on glow, seems like there is no power at first but once moving it seems to go more freely. I think there is quite good power for working and loading the bucket, but then my one also only has a small bucket. I have not done much work with it yet.

  6. #6robbiewo2015-09-01 02:11

    Hi Peter hope im not bugging you to much but how did you go with the pump details, I have found a hydraulic shop in Western Aust and if I can provide a pump part number then they will try their best to match up with what is now commonly available. Also could you let me know if it is a single pump or a double pump both in the one unit. I'm assuming that means 2 hoses single and 4 hoses for a double. Some loaders use a separate system for the steering and bucket. Anyhow thanks for your efforts and the information you have given me already has helped.

  7. #7Petermcg2015-09-01 03:01

    It is not a problem, can you email me [email protected]