Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan clark 45 c year?

kumijia ยท 2012-02-02 18:27

Hey guys how do i figure out the year on a Michigan Clark front end loader? My friend has one for sale at an upcoming auction, and i'm trying to get as much information on the equipment. It is a 45C GM and the SN is 473A144CB I was told it was a 75, but i found other machines for sale made in 86 with a similar SN.

Replies4
  1. #1oldseabee2012-02-03 08:18

    Clark built the 45C for several years and did not designate a year model like a car or truck, by the S/N I would guess late 1979 or 1980

  2. #2kumijia2012-02-03 16:32

    is there a code in the SN that gives the year, or is the SN a low or early number?

  3. #3oldseabee2012-02-03 21:19

    The first 3 numbers and the letter A designate the model and engine, the next numbers are the serial number, the letters at the end are the factory where it was built.

  4. #4kumijia2012-02-03 22:28

    Ok thank you. I have some more info to push the advertising on the machine. Even being an older machine, it's still a great piece of equipment. It purred like a kitten for about 15 minutes, while taking pictures and finding info on it. I'd like to have it even thou i don't really have a use for it. It'll make someone every happy