Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mid 70’s JCB 3C power steering parts

joispoi · 2011-11-07 17:08

I just picked up an old JCB 3C (serial 3C 112699). I called a couple of online JCB parts suppliers and asked for prices on a couple of seals, a hydraulic fluid filter (the hydraulic fluid looks like spoiled pea soup) and a rebuild kit for the power steering distributor. They said they´d call back, but I haven´t heard from either of them. The local JCB dealer doesn´t even have the serial # on their computer and the guys that work there are too young to have ever dealt with this machine. I´m going to try to deal with finding parts through one of the hydraulic hose outfits nearby. Does anybody have a parts book for this particular model. I´m most interested in seeing the diagram for the power steering box. Any links or input is appreciated. I´d post pictures, but you´d all be disappointed.

Replies4
  1. #1oldtom2013-01-31 22:52

    joispoi have you tried British construction . Form site lot of pomme English equipment

  2. #2Machinedr32013-01-31 23:01

    It has been a while since I worked on an old 3C I am not sure about a parts manual but I may know the location of a service manual. I am not sure that there is any one that knows those old units, David retired and left the country years ago. You can get in touch with me at [email protected]

  3. #3oldtom2013-01-31 23:36

    Machinedr3 hi hows the good pomme weather

  4. #4Machinedr32013-02-02 15:11

    I am sure it is foggy and damp, but here in western Canada it is cool wet and rapidly heading for spring