Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mid 70″s john deere 450c bent all 8 push rods

Vernon Lowe · 2022-10-04 19:29

i was walking it along about half throttle and it started missing and popping in the intake so i shut it off and started pulling the head and found all 8 push rods bent. Anyone seen this before? i believe i have a 4039t with a a turbo.

Replies5
  1. #1mekanik2022-10-04 21:14

    Somehow the cam went out of time. The cam gear came loose on the cam or the crank gear came loose on the crankshaft.

  2. #2mekanik2022-10-04 21:27

    Somehow the cam went out of time. The cam gear came loose on the cam or the crank gear came loose on the crankshaft.

  3. #3Vernon Lowe2022-10-04 21:34

    That’s what I was thinking also

  4. #4Welder Dave2022-10-05 03:52

    Know of an IH tractor engine that I think broke the crank because the ether button could be hit with a knee if the operator wasn't paying attention.

  5. #5Vernon Lowe2022-10-05 19:07

    I found the crank gear stripped and I assume the balance shafts broken