Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Midwest Conexpo&Field Day Pics

Construct'O ยท 2009-07-15 23:59

Rained here today so took the day off and went to Melbourne,Ia. field day.They put on a great demo with a bunch of equipment for on hands demo in in the field.Lots of major brands to run for the full day and again tomorrow. I have a bunch of pics with something for most everyone.Several machines had GPS unit on them ,so got to run them.There was a waiting line to run most everything. Will try to answer some question ,but is late.Hope you enjoy.I had a great time:usa

Replies10
  1. #1cummins052009-07-16 03:14

    the deere machine is differnt cant say iv seen one up here yet

  2. #2gasfield315c2009-07-16 14:27

    its a high speed dozer...i havent seen one yet either, but i would like to run one, that would be the trick in my line of work to work roads and stuff, im just curious if it pushes as good as a regular dozer

  3. #3tdozer2009-07-16 15:01

    I feel safe saying that it will out push a 700J deere but not quite as much as a 750J deere

  4. #4Construct'O2009-07-16 22:05

    The Deere Quad wasn't set with GPS so didn't get to use it for highspeed finish work,most of the guys running it was just dozing.Got several more pictures to post of stuff . This was a very nice show(2 days) lots of on hands running of new equipment.They was building a wetlands and there was a contractor that was to finish the project when the show was over.So some of the older stuff you see was some of his. The lucky thing for him what dirt the demo equipment moves saved him from having to move.Because of the all the stuff to see and do and just having one day to spend i din't get to run everything.There was always a line for the high speed Deere dozer,so didn't run it. I was to busy checking out the GPS dozers.Trimble and Topcon was on different machine.Will post them here later got one of the new Komatso 51PX dozer posted on here early this year.I really liked this dozer.It was a stand out at the show along with the Deere Quad.:usa Here is a few more.:usa

  5. #5Construct'O2009-07-19 05:53

    Here some more pictures.For a small event there was lots of equipment to run and look at, the weather was great also! A better veiw of the wetland area they was building.:usa

  6. #6N.CarolinaDozer2009-07-19 10:09

    I yet to see one in North Carolina, not to say theres not one here. I've not seen any at any dealers either. I bet it will be a hard sale to make to local companies.

  7. #7td25c2009-07-19 11:25

    Looks like they had a nice field day Construct'O.The new deere high speed dozer looks interesting ,it resembles the old "eimco"dozers that had the operators station in the front.I see they also were demonstrating some tile plows.The tracked tile plow with the threncher chain in front of the plow boot looks pretty neet.

  8. #8Construct'O2009-07-20 09:46

    Here is a picture of the plows and the new Komatsu 51PX series dozer.I liked the way it performed.You could set the shift pattern to like 3 speed powershift at a set rate for forward and reverse,or slow it down and sift it at just small rates of speed each shift.Push button on joystick. Seemed to have lots of power for its size.I liked the powershift mod the best. Another trencher that was at the show.Also the CaseCX210B i really liked this excavator had good cycle time coming up and out of the hole and swing was quick and smooth.It impressed me.Not hard digging by no mean but with the 1 3/4 bucket and as you can see heaped it handled it easly:usa

  9. #9Eric2009-07-20 10:47

    That's not a bad way to spend a day. I notice the soil they are digging in. We don't have that much top soil in the entire stae of New Mexico! That looks like heaven.

  10. #10dirtjockey2009-07-28 15:23

    Great pics - thanks for sharing