Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

might have hurt my pump on my 580b

tresslers ยท 2008-06-25 08:05

I was working on the 580b the other day and I removed the return line from the hoe to the tractor to torque the hoe bolts. I forgot to reconnect that line and started the machine. A hose on the hoe return broke and i replaced it. Ever since that it seems like the hydraulics don't have the power they used to. I have to ploay with the stabilizers to get the machine up, before it just went there. I am thinking one of two thing. either the releif valve in the loader control stick is stuck. Or i damaged the pump. Is there an easy way to track down the problem part? Any advise? I know i should have checked the machine before i started it, I was dumb there.

Replies5
  1. #1tresslers2008-06-27 13:17

    Phil, I was hoping that you could comment here on this problem for me. You have been a great help for the brakes. I am a bit stuck here.

  2. #2Phil2008-06-27 20:28

    So with the quick-disconnect blocking oil flow, she blew? Wonder if it was all dumping over the loader relief until then. I would see if the loader system pressure is correct. A gauge fits on that valve assembly somewhere. I'm not sure, might be 2100 psi. I'll check my CK manual tomorrow and get back to you. Phil

  3. #3tresslers2008-06-27 23:11

    Thanks

  4. #4melben2008-06-28 08:05

    Tresslers, You are lucky, I have seen guys split the center section of the pump wide open doing that!! There is a 1/4 in pipe plug in the elbow to the loader valve from the pump output, install a gage there and check main relief pressure, check at low throttle setting and high throttle setting, there should not be more than a couple hundred lbs difference depending on the condition of the pump and main relief components between idle and wide open throttle. We always stock those pumps and they are relatively cheap. The proper way to diagnose the system would to have a flo test done to pinpoint the problem, taking everything out of the circuit except the pump would be the best way. If I can be of help call and ask for Mel---570 435 2921---Near Williamsport Pa.

  5. #5tresslers2008-07-01 19:20

    I put a gauge in line and the pressure was 1500 psi at 1750 RPM. I turned the pressure up to 2000 psi and it works alot better. thanks.