I've got a Hitachi EX40 sitting on site on my property. It blew a leak when I was rotating the back hoe and it took out my left side track, I assumed it was a hose. After some education from this forum, which by the way was invaluable, it may be, since I haven't found a blown hose yet a rotary manifold seal or? My question is, if so what happens next? is this even something a guy could attempt to repair on site on his own with basic tools?
Lets find where its leaking first. You may be jumping the gun here. Have you checked the hoses at the lower section of the rotary manifold going to the travel motors?
Hey there, yeah just wanted the bad news first, the hoses on the bottom all look good, looking from the back while it's running it's flowing down towards the back from the metal plate above the lower section of the manifold. Took the floor off and no indication of a leak topside, Thanks
A pic of where the leak is coming from would be nice.