I was just reading in another thread that the preferred case's would be the e's and l's. and avoid the pre e's, k's and l's. I've been looking at a super k with about 1700 hours on it and now he's got me worried. I've never bought equipment before and even a used one is a big investment for me. So what's up with the k's? Is a super e more reliable? it's just hobby use not for an income.
It's in the threads...really!! That's the first time that's happened! It's just the consensus of the board here, i think. If you search Case 580's in the forum you will see the L is appreciated as a model that Case had all sorted out. The M tends to lose respect due to loss of feel from pilot controls and some other issues i don't recall. And the E is considered reliable. What's wrong with the K, specifically? Let's hear it from the forum members:beatsme
ya....let's hear it!! I haven't been able to find an L that I can afford yet so I was excited to find a k that I could afford.....maybe I'll go back to looking at the super e's. Let's hear about how GREAT the k's are...
do you get the 580/590 sle models in the usa.they were the last of the real case diggers in europe before the new hollands painted in case colours took over.probably the best case diggers ever. nick.......
First off: the k and the superk or sk are very dissimilar. The main difference is the transaxle. It is easy to tell the difference; the k shifter is on the floor and the sk shifter is on the console to the right of the seat. I have very little experience with the k, but I have an sk that I have had and worked hard for 8 yrs. I have had several other backhoes and have a Ford now that is used when the Case is busy somewhere else. In my opinion the sk is one of the best pieces of equipment ever built. The weight distribution gives it excellent traction even in 2wd. Mine has been very little trouble. It is very strong.
The 580K is a darn good machine, but from what I've heard from the Case techs is avoid the 580K phase 3, they had/have transaxle problems. A serial number of JJG0020000 and up would be a phase 3.
I've heard that too. Mine and Rick's are both phase 2s so I don't know for sure.
Thanks for the answers and keep them coming. This is just what a novice like me needs......information.
This thread has some info on the 580K and 580SK models.
Not a Case tech myself, but that's what they say, phase 3 has very expensive transaxle problems.
I have used Case backhoes in the past. I have run C's, D's, E's, & K's. While I don't prefer the Case backhoes I do feel that the K's are a good machine. I was running a super E when Case introduced the K model. At that time I prefered the E model over the K model. The outfit that I was working for probably had 50, 60, or even more units (was a 400+ employee company, so I didn't see them all), and I used many different units. Though the Cases were not my favorite (in over all performance) I did have the opinion that they were good, reliable machines. when I was considering buying my first backhoe I was thinking that the Case K model was my first choice. I ended up buying a Cat (over the Deere). I did not even demo a Case machine. I was really turned off by the Case dealership and rumer had it that they were going to close the nearest store (which did come to pass). All that being said, I would still be interested in a Case hoe if I was in the market. BTW my Cat has over 12,000 hours and is still going strong.