Hey guys I’m new here but have been operating Case track loaders for 40 years I recently purchased a military 1150E track loader It’s a 1991 model with only 300 hours on it. It has a switch on the panel that switches the engine fan to off or run. I leave it on run but after operating for maybe an hour the fan slows down and the temperature starts climbing On the left side of the engine close to where the fuel filters are there’s a mechanism that has wires and hoses connected to it that’s never been on any other case loaders I’ve owed 450 three 850’s and this must be a military gadget so the engine can warm up quickly I don’t know how to make it stay on I can watch the temperature guage and if it starts moving from about 1/4 of the way I know then the fan has slowed down Can anyone tell me how to either correct the problem or maybe just bypass it if it can be done I can also take a picture of the gadget and upload it here if that will help anyone Thanks for any help it has be bumfuzzeled
Take a pic of this object and post it here
I took pictures of switch on the panel and also of the gadget with the wire’s from switch and hoses running to fan clutch and from underneath engine
No body seen anything like this?
I'm going out on a limb here it's probably a clutch like on a truck after you run it tje valve starts letting air? by disengaging the clutch. It's probably there for river crossing fan blades hitting water don't go so well