Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mill Razor Road Grinding Attachment

MillRazor ยท 2013-10-30 18:31

I would like to introduce the community here at Heavy Equipment Forum to the Mill Razor road grinding attachment for road graders. The attachment consists of a rotary drum with carbide teeth that attaches to the moldboard of a grader and a separate power unit that is placed at the rear of the grader on top of the ripper. The grinder is 12' 6" wide and can grind a standard 24' road in 2 passes. The grinding head is equipped with a metered liquid injection system that allows for a precise application of stabilization and dust abatement agents (mag chloride, calcium, emulsions, ect) into the road. By grinding the agents into the road they last a considerable amount longer. Also there isn't the slimy mess of just dumping mag on the road because it is mixed in and compacted in a uniform manner. I personally believe this is the future of gravel road maintenance. By using this process the roads last longer between bladings and road maintenance costs are reduced over the long haul. For more information you can reply to this thread and I will get back to you as soon as I can or visit our website at http://www.millrazor.com I finally got our video uploaded to YouTube that you can view here. Seeing the process explains it much better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26KBvmz1L8Q Any comments or questions would be greatly appreciated. Carl

Replies0

No replies yet.