Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140h fault codes

bades ยท 2013-10-31 05:35

Can anybody help out with a list of fault codes for a 140h series 11 serial cca I have 2 one is 030 and the other is 081 , is there a list of them all ?

Replies24
  1. #1Nige2013-10-31 10:46

    Yes, there is a full list. It currently runs to 255 pages. PM me with your e-mail address if you want a copy. All Cat Diagnostic Codes contain 3 references. The Module, the Component, and the Failure Mode. All you have quoted in each case is the Module. 030 is the Monitor System, 081 is the Transmission Control. A complete Code would look something like 030 096 07 or 081 672 01.

  2. #2bades2013-10-31 14:36

    nige don't seem to be able to pm you but you can email it to [email protected] thanks very much appreciated

  3. #3bades2013-11-02 16:30

    nige thank you for that, very helpful

  4. #4Nige2013-11-02 16:40

    No worries mate.

  5. #5Mcbolto2016-10-09 22:39

    cat 140h service codes list Hi i have the same codes coming up could i get a copy of that list

  6. #6twister3592019-03-28 09:30

    nige can I please get the code list. im new to this and don't know how to pm on here

  7. #7Nige2019-03-28 09:35

    Click on my username and then "Start a Conversation" (aka PM). Send me your email address.

  8. #8sammyboy2025-02-22 23:47

    Sir I need your help In cat 140 H motor grader. Have fault codes but don't have a manual to refer to. Could you kindly send to my Gmail [email protected] .

  9. #9Nige2025-02-23 09:57

    There is no manual. The troubleshooting procedure for each Code is a separate document. Post a Serial Number and a list of the Codes you have.

  10. #10sammyboy2025-02-25 00:18
  11. #11sammyboy2025-02-25 00:27

    I have replaced the trans temp sensor and the fault code is off...no serve code faults but engine still won't start.

  12. #12Nige2025-02-25 09:57

    So when you first turn the ley to ON the SERV CODE icon illuminates during the self-test of the panel then goes out.? Is that correct.?

  13. #13sammyboy2025-02-26 01:07

    Yes...there is no fault codes. I have installed new batteries but when I crank the battery voltage drops to 19 volts and the engine don't start as well..do you think there is a possibility of hydraulic load on the engine.?

  14. #14Nige2025-02-26 08:53

    Can we clarify please. Does the engine crank over but not start or does it not crank at all when you engage the starter.?

  15. #15sammyboy2025-02-26 23:00

    Engine cranks but no start...

  16. #16Nige2025-02-26 23:05

    Any smoke from the exhaust while it is cranking.?

  17. #17sammyboy2025-02-26 23:19

    Yes there is smoke

  18. #18Nige2025-02-27 09:26

    OK, so it is established that there are no electronic faults because the SERV CODE light is not on. The engine is cranking over and making smoke, so it is getting (at least some) fuel. Is it cranking over fast enough.? No idea - I'm not there. only you can tell that. There is a possibility of a parasitic load on the engine slowing down cranking so you have two options. Temporarily connect some additional batteries in parallel with the ones that are on the machine right now to boost the cranking amps, or start disconnecting things. Some previous history might be useful. Is the starting problem something that has been getting worse over time until you are now at the point where the engine will not start at all, or is it some a problem that literally just appeared overnight.? How many total hours are there on the engine.?

  19. #19sammyboy2025-02-28 18:53

    Sir more over 10000hrs done. The machine was working normal until it was working up hill and the engine shutdown. I thought the fuel ran out, so did a refuel and tried starting but it didn't start. Changed primary pump and transfer pump but still the same. No start. Charged the batteries and installed but upon the second crank the voltage dropped. Do you think that if I remove the shaft for the Hydraulic pump, that would change anything?

  20. #20Nige2025-02-28 20:55

    So everything was fine until it got on the hill and suddenly the engine died. Do you know if there was any sort of smoke when that happened.? Maybe you were not there. Is the machine still on that hill or has it been towed somewhere else (level ground).? There is a possibility that it has sucked contamination from the tanks into the fuel system. You might have to start with cleaning the tank as a first step. There is a drain valve #1 that is used for normal water/sediment draining. The transfer pump sucks fuel from a sump which is directly above plug #2. I would suggest that after you have drained the tank you should then remove plug #2 and clean out the fuel supply sump. While you are working on the tank I would also suggest disassembling the tank cap and wash all the filter elements in something like kerosene, then reassemble While you have the fuel tank empty is the time to blow all the fuel lines to/from the tank to the transfer pump out with compressed. Last thing I would look at is the check valves. There is one #6 on the head of the fuel filter and another #4 on the fuel manifold.

  21. #21sammyboy2025-02-28 22:31

    Do you think this contaminated fuel has affected the injectors and that I need to change the injectors. I have removed the fuel supply line and used a 20lt container to supply fuel to the engine.Still nothing and engine won't start. Is this ok?

  22. #22Nige2025-03-01 09:02

    I would not recommend it at this time. As a "quick & dirty" test try clamping the fuel return line using a pair of vise grips and try starting the engine. If you have issues of loss of fuel pressure then blocking the return line will artificially increase the pressure in the system and might just allow the engine to fire off. DO NOT run the engine for more than 30 seconds in this state. When you are diagnosing fuel issues always try to follow the same path as the fuel takes through the system. The fuel starts from the tank, therefore that's where you should always start your troubleshooting.

  23. #23sammyboy2025-03-05 23:25

    Sir, I did what you said, cramped the return line but still wouldn't start. The batteries dropping voltage even after the 2nd tryout of starting the engine. I have noticed sparks on the battery terminal post when the key is on off position. I'm thinking if there might be a short circuit somewhere In the system. To troubleshoot, I don't have an electrical schematic diagram. Sir , where would you suggest I troubleshoot first??

  24. #24Nige2025-03-06 09:59

    I can help with that/ Check your message inbox. If there are sparks on the battery terminal post then try an amp clamp type meter to check how may amps are being drawn from the batteries. If you don't have one then use a multimeter to measure the current between the battery post and the terminal on the cable before you connect the battery. I may be wrong but I think you are losing sight of exactly how the engine stoppage occurred. A low fuel level in the tank combined with a steep incline seems to suggest that either the fuel system has sucked air or a water/sediment contamination, or both. Until you are 100% satisfied that you have the fuel system fully cleaned from the tank to the engine I wouldn't worry about anything else at this time.