Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Miller 302 Airpak diesel…

simonsrplant ยท 2017-08-22 15:50

does anyone know of such a conversion being done before. Miller will produce and sell the 302 as a diesel variant but not the air pak. I'm considering finding a pre owned diesel and swapping some parts out. Or do you think I'm completely mad?

Replies6
  1. #1StanRUS2017-08-22 19:36

    Full load RPM? Diesel versus Gas engines Miller is using. Belt drive rotary screw AC; drive for gas engine versus diesel?

  2. #2simonsrplant2017-08-22 22:10

    Doing some quick guesswork the rpm would be lower Which would lower the cfm of the compressor, but the torque from the diesel would (more guesswork) turn it, with a change in pulley sizes to match the speed required.

  3. #3DARO2017-08-22 22:34

    I would like to have somthing like that. If you do one take a lot of pictures along the way.

  4. #4simonsrplant2017-08-22 22:43

    I dislike gas I dislike carrying an extra can of the stuff I dislike the noise But, my Airpak is not quite a year old and tearing the thing in half seems a little savage. Even if the end result would be way better... assuming I can pull it off

  5. #5mikebramel2017-08-22 22:52

    Don't think youll gain anything worth mentioning other than carrying different fuel. You have an EFI engine now?

  6. #6StanRUS2017-08-23 01:51

    I agree and gas engine replacement cost is $2K or under. Engine Noise Diesel Gas