Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Miller 302 trailblazer airpack?

cps ยท 2016-02-21 18:40

Hi All We are looking to get a miller 302 trailblazer with airpak on it? any one used one or have one? or would we be better with the bobcat 250? we are looking for a diesel one? does anyone know of second hand ones available? Are there any miller dealers on here as we are having very little response from anyone over here? Look forward to any advise? Thanks in advance. Aiden

Replies5
  1. #1cps2016-02-22 17:14

    Any one got any advise??

  2. #2ship 6602016-02-22 18:45

    I have never owned an airpak my self. I used one from a buddy and it was an OK machine. I didnt see a big advantage in the airpack over a separate compressor. I'm not a big Miller fan either. For the price I bought a 305g and run an ele. compressor off it. I did price a diesel powered unit but for twice the price of a gas unit couldn't justify the higher maintenance cost or more expensive fuel. I don't know what your situation is but for all i needed the gas powered suit me fine.

  3. #3simonsrplant2016-02-23 00:46

    Why airpak? Why particularly the 302 or 250 Miller? The ranger 305 in petrol and diesel has gained a huge reputation for quality back in the uk. I had a diesel Mosa TS300 which was a very good machine. I have a VMAC on my truck but do favour the idea of an air pack welder, saving idling out the motor, but really couldn't justify the near double in price.

  4. #4SocalHDR2016-02-23 22:11

    I have the 302 air pac on my truck and I love it I can run it at idle and it runs all my air tools without any problem. I am getting ready to add a storage tank for when I use my bigger guns 1" because it dosent have the volume to keep up with them. all in all its a good machine very quiet.

  5. #5earthscratcher2016-03-27 12:01

    like the 302 gas so far, no problems,also really like the on board 24v/12v charge system.