Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Miller Big Blue 400D

bigshow ยท 2014-01-27 09:15

I've been in the market for a larger welder, I currently have a Lincoln G8000 which has done well. I have been looking for a diesel drive with gouging capabilities. I have recently found a few on Craigslist and wanted some experienced input. Anyone here have pros/cons of these welders? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1R&R repair2014-01-28 09:20

    big blue are great for gouging... but if your looking to save money, i use a trailblazer 302, and it works as good as any other welder i've gouged or welded with

  2. #2bigshow2014-01-28 20:22

    I found a 400D with a Perkins 4 cylinder liquid cooled motor, it has a little over 3,000 hours. The fella will take $2,700 cash, no leads, it's nice and clean, not all beat up and it has a nice trailer under it. Most I have found are 5,000+ hours for at least $4,000. It seems like a good deal, I got to take some leads and burn some rod with it, anything in particular to look for?