Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Portable pin press

R&R repair ยท 2014-01-26 12:25

Does anyone know where to find a good portable pin press??

Replies15
  1. #1zborewik2014-01-27 12:29

    Locally ? on the internet ? a lot of China producers offer pin presses --> quality - unknown. Add wanted offer, onmachinery.com or at the other industry advertising sites.

  2. #2Randy882014-01-27 21:19

    www.tracbuster.com look them up on google and also on youtube for master track pins, the slickest most compact unit out on the market. Made in canada the last I looked and chatted with them.

  3. #3d9gdon2014-01-27 21:55

    Randy88, I only got spam with that link. I found them on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHf5Dyz9-u4

  4. #4Randy882014-01-28 07:02

    d9gdpon, thanks for the correction, I can't get anything but spam on that site now too, its the website I jotted down when talking to them the last time, when I was in touch with them last they were working on a 150 ton track press and maybe even larger units, its been a while since I talked to them. If anyone can locate their current website let us know. Don't quote me on it but I was thinking they were a repair shop of sorts in canada who needed one for themselves they could put on service trucks to take to repair jobs that didn't take a crane to manhandle, so they designed and built their own.

  5. #5R&R repair2014-01-28 09:17

    I saw the thing on tracbuster seemed pretty slick, but wasnt sure how to get ahold of them, im sure it is an expensive set up, thinking about tring to make one, but i probably wont, dont really have the time that it would take to make it the way it should be made, i would like to find one at an auction somewhere, or somebody selling out...

  6. #6Nige2014-01-28 09:55

    People post on here from time to time selling off tooling like presses, often with a selection of adapters that would make your mouth water. Keep your eyes peeled.

  7. #7d9gdon2014-01-28 10:00

    Randy88, did you price it when you talked to them?

  8. #8Randy882014-01-28 12:47

    Yes I did, that 55 ton with the tooling was around 7500 bucks when I priced it, not bad compared to the otc versions by the time you get all the tooling you need for all the different models of machines, even used most other press's are a whole lot higher priced used than that one is new, once in a while you'll find a good deal on a whole used complete setup with tooling but most times its just the press alone. The tracbuster version had only a couple different pins for all the machines up to a d7-8 size machines if I remember, they unhooked the cylinder and it turned around and transported inside the c frame, making it very compact and easy to handle, I don't recall now just what it weighed but it wasn't bad, a one person deal to handle it, was thinking that included the power unit to run it too, but don't quote me on that, maybe it was a hand pump not an air or electric power unit, its been a few years since I priced it and talked to them. At that time it was less than a third of an otc version now made by wtc, or if I recall wisconsin tool company now owns that, at that time the tracbuster press complete was less than half of wtc's version press alone, then you needed all the tooling to go along with wtc's.

  9. #9theironoracle2014-01-30 10:15

    I have an otc 100 ton final drive and master pin press for sale with lots of tooling. The price is $12,000. I have a problem though, it is missing a main piece which I have ordered but is back ordered from otc but is supposedly back ordered until April!!! if your interested P.M. me and I can put you on a list for when it is complete. The unit is very lightly used in fact most of the pieces have never been used. There are many threads on here for just final drive presses I suggest you browse those for further information. My dads company bought a new 100 ton track press from Berco the undercarriage guys last summer, can't remember the price and have never seen it or how well it works just another place to call. I got a quote on the wtc 100 ton it was $14,000 with power unit and each adapter set was like $1000....TIO

  10. #10Billyeah2014-02-04 12:26

    Hey guys, newbie here from Alberta Canada. We are the ones who designed and manufactured the Tracbuster portable pin press that may work for your applications. We actually have three different sizes, 55, 100, 150 ton presses. Something for everyone hopefully. Randy88 was pretty much right on the money with his description. And for anyone looking to purchase out of the USA, the currency conversion really works in your favor right now at least. We finally have our website up and running if you want to check it out. http://tracbustertrackpinpress.com/

  11. #11d9gdon2014-02-04 14:03

    Glad you posted it Billyeah. Looks like a good press.

  12. #12Billyeah2014-02-04 14:17

    d9gdon, we like to think so. We rent out the smaller pin press, the TB1000 for $400 / day and anyone who uses it once says they will never go back to hammering on pins.

  13. #13tctractors2014-02-04 16:02

    Billyeah, your press frame looks well upto the job I would like to think a lot stronger than those C frame units, I did have a C frame but it bent up like a Banana after getting a tough pin to struggle with, this ended up with a C frame thrown into the scrap heap (it cost plenty) anyhow I went back to my old setup the 2 rod job, I do have 2 of these sets with 105 ton cylinders, the plus side with them is the weight all up is very low and its very safe kit to use, some sites in the U.K. will not have hammers swinging, so they have to pay for me to press pins, other sites dont give a stuff, so I still beat the pins home with the big hammer, well it is faster on the small stuff below 30ton excavators etc, anyhow your kit looks well up to the job, but to heavy for my little tool box van. tctractors

  14. #14Randy882014-02-04 19:32

    Billy, thanks for the website, I've had people locally ask me about your press and I'd given up trying to find your info for them. I know your not supposed to post here promoting your own product unless someone asks about it, which we did, so thanks for the updated info. Oh I almost forgot, welcome to the forum.

  15. #15d9gdon2014-02-04 20:38

    I'm a long way from you. Do you have dealers in the Southwest US or is everything FOB Canada for now? You can click on my name if you'd like to PM me.