Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Miller tilt top owners!!?? Vin # location

79star ยท 2021-09-27 22:28

My uncle has a miller tilt top he uses on the farm. I'd be interested in getting it to pull my old Cletrac if I could chase down a title for it. He bought it at a farm sale with no title and there is no visible tag. Is the serial number/vin number stamped into the frame somewhere other than the neck? I understand it's a no/go without it.

Replies5
  1. #1j dirt2021-11-07 10:51

    I also have a Miller tilt top, it is a 20 ton. When I got it, it had been tagged as a homemade trailer, new vin on a metal tag riveted to the frame, might be able to do it that way, check with dmv.

  2. #2Yard dog2022-04-13 17:39

    I have a Miller tilt top, it has electric brakes and I am looking for parts and not having any luck. Does anyone know where parts might be found?

  3. #3jeff daniel kawatski2023-01-03 12:10

    I purchased a complete brake set-up including the backing plate, linings, springs, and magnet from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

  4. #4Yard dog2023-01-03 12:49

    Thanks, I will check it out. I had given up on them.

  5. #5jeff daniel kawatski2023-01-03 13:37

    RH side brake kit 12" x 2" shoe p/n EB01-125 LH side brake kit 12" x 2" shoe p/n EB01-120 My local O'Reilly's had (2) each in stock