Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Millwright Union questions

Tunneldigger ยท 2021-10-15 21:29

I have worked for the city for 33 years. All but 3 have been at the Wastewater plant. My background before was excavating and paving contractor as well as farming. I was at at the street and sewer department at first which was led by 4 very incompetent individuals. I bid to the plant as maintenance. We have really expanded what we do now compared to what we used to do. I am very proud of the major projects that we have done in house and have had engineers and contractors doing upgrades say they have never been at a plant where so much is done in house . Well it's time for me to move on. I am blessed that my pension is made and won't gain much by staying.. I am 57 do all sorts of welding from pipe and structural as well as installs and alignment. I have extensive fabrication from work and home experience. I have the opportunity to be "picked up" by a local union contractor as a millwright. The contractor is not signed on with ironworkers but uses millwrights and tinners to do erection. I want to get certified in structural welding so I can keep busier with the company. All my welding has been noncertified but I really am picky and everything looks good. I have been a multicraft union member for 33 years so I don't have a true craft card just experience Any suggestions and advice on this pursuit?

Replies0

No replies yet.