Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini Ex Breaker/Need Help

Rocky M · 2022-12-08 22:00

Can anyone tell me what Brand this breaker is? It’s attached to a Takeuchi TB145.See pics. It’s leaking and I need to get some seals to rebuild it.

Replies7
  1. #1terex herder2022-12-08 23:20

    Some similarities to my old NPK.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2022-12-08 23:49

    I agree NPK. Serial number for sure will be required to order any parts. A link to an NPK serial number locator guide is below. http://www.npkce.com/media/1710/sb07-13b-hyd-hammer-sn-guide.pdf

  3. #3Rocky M2022-12-09 12:59

    Thank you team! Huge help!

  4. #492U 34062022-12-09 13:43

    NPK. Any stamped numbers on the powercell? Those are one of the more difficult brands to disassemble/assemble. Many of them use a removeable cylinder inside the cell body and it's sealed with a number of stiff o-rings. They also have locating dowels to ensure all the sections stay aligned and it can be a royal pain to keep it all lined up. A press would make it easier but I've done them with a deadblow and a ton of lube. How's the tool bushing/tool bit clearance? Good time to replace the bushings if they're worn. Excessive slop in the tool bit tends to hammer the piston into the cylinder wall and score them up.

  5. #5Rocky M2022-12-09 14:25

    That's great to hear, lol. It has fluid dumping out around the bit when it build up pressure. My plan to was to try and order a ring a kit and try to get it sealed back up.

  6. #6Rocky M2022-12-09 14:26

    I will be back out there tomorrow, I will be checking for numbers then, I will keep you posted on the progress.

  7. #792U 34062022-12-09 15:44

    Make sure you bleed off the nitrogen before you pull the tie rods.