Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini ex hydraulic issue after hose change

knized1 ยท 2024-06-26 23:31

I have a gray market Mini-ex ME-15 which I believe to be a Mitsubishi 1.5 ton machine. Perkins diesel. I recently replaced one of the hoses to the right pilot controls and now having issues with both sides pilot controls. Machine tracks back and forth no issues. Left Side pilot controls is working intermittently, I can curl and move the arm left/right. The right side pilot control is not moving at all, this brings the arm up towards the cab of the machine. Is there any method to bleeding the system? There is a red error light on the machine that says "pilot" I can find a parts manual no luck on repair manual as of yet.

Replies3
  1. #1knized12024-07-21 18:42

    I've put some work into troubleshooting in the last couple weeks. I went down the rabbit hole of a possible electrical issue given the intermittent nature and I could of sworn that when I wiggled the connectors under the arm where I replaced the hose, the functions seemed to work better. After re-soldering - new spade connectors etc I was still with the same issue, no change. This included the terminals that are the safety switch on the arm. (you can see in the picture blue wire) this is they saftey switch that wont let the machine operate when the arm rest is up. So what I am finding now is, if I move the machine tracks, then try the arm functions MOST of the time for a short period of time. When the arm does function it moves with full power and speed. The left pilot seems to work better than the right. When I turn the bolt to swap functions I can get all the functions in the arm again at full speed and power. I did crack open the line I replaced and I'm getting fluid out of it, fluid is clean as I ran the machine for a little while before I replaced the leaking hose constantly topping off the fluid so its got fresh fluid. My next steps is to locate and check the pilot system filter. I'll have to dig through what documentation I have. Any other suggestions?

  2. #2Cliffy2024-07-22 06:00

    Hi and welcome to HEF. When a problem suddenly develops after a repair the assumption is that it is related to the repair. Did you flush out the new hydraulic hoses before install. Hose makers rarely clean them and it may of introduced contamination into pilot circuit.

  3. #3Kobe Steel2024-07-22 06:17

    I had a look online but I cant seem to find any documentation, not even a parts breakdown for your machine. If you can upload any parts diagrams you have of the pump and control valve arrangement then I may be able to assist. For now I can only guess that the machine has some kind of travel straight / flow combine valve for allowing combined operations and perhaps the valve is stuck in one position. Your machine looks in good condition compared to a lot of others I see advertised on the internet.