Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini-Ex Track Question

Rob_D ยท 2023-07-21 22:22

I have a PC-27 with rubber tracks. Every so often if I run over a rock or root ball, one of the chain links will misalign from the next link and slide sideways. To fix it, I have to get a tire iron to pry the link up to where it can slide back over the next link and then pound on it until it slips over and down into place. Is there a name for this? Is it a common issue or is this just due to worn tracks? I bought the machine with 2000 hours on it and may have 3000 on it now. The sprokets look due for replacement so it would not surprise me if the drive chains were as worn.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-07-21 22:47

    Rocks and root balls are hard on rubber tracks when they're new. If you're in need of new undercarriage it might be worth seeing if you can convert your machine to steel tracks.