Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mini excavator opinions

wedigskook ยท 2013-10-05 17:52

I'm currently looking at a few mini ex I just sold pc75uu-2 that's been a money pit. I'm looking at a Volvo 55 and a cat 304 just wondering what your thoughts were on either never ran them. I owned a few takeuchi in the past and loved them but can't find any closed cab 145 or 153 near by. In my search I came across a pc35 mr2 erops with 3 buckets and a hammer for a steal but really didn't wanna go back to that size but is a great buy. Any thoughts on pc35?

Replies3
  1. #1lumberjack2013-10-05 18:15

    3.5 ton is fairly small, I too would prefer 4t or bigger. Don't be afraid to travel, my CTL was 1100 miles away back in June. Since then it's paid off 7% of the purchase price (162 hours on it now, bought new).

  2. #2wedigskook2013-10-05 18:21

    Yeah I was looking to downsize to 10k-12k lbs but I came across this pc35 which weights 8200lbs with 3000 hours 12,24,36 inch buckets quick coupler, and a hammer for 20,000 but I could get it for 18,000 cash it kinda has me distracted but I never ran one. But my first pic is a takeuchi 153 then a Deere 50 but I found a nice 304 but never ran one either and hear a lot of mixed feelings about 304

  3. #3lumberjack2013-10-05 18:51

    If you're wanting a 5t machine, stop distracting yourself looking at smaller units. I bought a 2010 KX121 (818 hours on it then) in Feb, I hope to replace it next year with a 5-8t machine with a cab and ac. I certainly haven't wanted to go any smaller. If the right deal comes along, I would travel anywhere in the US to pick it up... Just like I will work wherever someone wants to pay me to work!